AWANA CLUBS: BECAUSE KIDS MATTER TO GOD!
The name “Awana” means Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed.
The simplest way to describe Awana is as a youth group for young children. Awana provides a local church sponsored program for boys and girls age 2 through 6th grade, regardless of religious affiliation. Our hope is that all club members will accept Jesus Christ as their Savior, then build on that foundation to better serve God. There is no requirement that they become a member of our church.
Awana emphasizes Bible memory, offering a unique system that helps motivate members to achieve. When clubbers complete entrance booklets, handbook sections or other achievements they receive awards which are displayed on their uniforms. Children are awarded “Awana bucks” which can be used to purchase items from the Awana store.
Both children and adults enjoy receiving recognition for their achievements. This reward system, along with a very positive peer setting produces enthusiasm and motivates clubbers to achieve.
2 Timothy 2:15 – “Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth.”
AWANA Club meetings run September through May.
If you are new to AWANA and would like to learn more, click here to see a quick 2 minute video.
- PUGGLES: Aged 2 (by start of school year)
- Take-home cards help parents reinforce weekly lesson.
- Basic concepts: God Made Everything, God Saw That It Was Good, God is Love and Give Thanks.
- Please note that, due to current scheduling requirements, the Puggles class is only open to children of AWANA teachers and helpers.
- CUBBIES: Preschool age, 3-5 (age 3 by start of school year)
- Your child’s handbooks feature parent-child activities for home.
- The Cubbies handbooks combine basic Scripture memory and games to help little ones grasp simple biblical truths. Each handbook contains a helpful review CD to use at home.
- SPARKS: Kindergarten though 2nd grade
- Review concepts and verses weekly with your children to grow closer to them and help them understand weekly lessons.
- The Sparks curriculum builds a foundation of biblical wisdom through memory verse drills, crafts, activities and review of key doctrine and Bible facts.
- T&T: 3rd through 6th grade
- Every lesson in the T&T handbook begins with a parent page to help reinforce concepts at home.
- The T&T Curriculum helps students address common questions they have about the Bible and engages them through reflective questions and corresponding memory verses.